Reputation Management Services
There are a lot of misconceptions about online reputation management. Some people think it’s just social media monitoring, while others believe it has something to do with public relations, or, what’s worse, have no idea how it can impact their business and sales.
There are four types of negative content which companies should be aware of.
- Complaints on social networks
- Negative reviews
- Hate sites
- Negative media coverage
- The first is represented by complaints on social networks. They need to be addressed properly, but unless your company has serious problems, they do not pose a real challenge to your business. Social media monitoring allows companies to gather public online content (blog posts, tweets, online reviews, Facebook updates), process it, and see whether something negative or positive is being said which may affect their reputation.The following three, however, can affect your reputation and sales in the long-term, and can severely damage a business. They are very powerful because, unlike social network content, they are prominent in search engine results. What if someone Googles your brand name and finds defamatory content?
- Negative reviews: Review sites allow users to express their opinion on your brand. Did they like your service/product? Would they recommend it? Negative content can affect your sales, and addressing the criticism on the site may not be enough. We often get approached by clients who ask us to advise them on how to deal with negative reviews left on their Google listings. We all know that if we want to vent our frustration, writing reviews online is the easy thing to do. But it can seriously damage a business’ reputation.
- Hate sites: Some people go beyond writing negative reviews, and create dedicated websites through which to express their opinions. Some of these websites contain illegal content or false accusations, and can even insult selected employees or directors. Needless to say, a search result like “NAMEOFYOURCOMPANY stay away” or “NAME scam/rip off” will make your potential customers run away. Often, there is no way you can remove these sites. However, you can make them harder to find.
- Negative media coverage: P. T. Barnum once remarked: “There’s no such thing as bad publicity.” That may be true for controversial public figures, but unfavourable print or online media coverage impacts negatively on companies and brands.
So how can we help?
If you are worried that your business’ reputation is at risk, rest assured, there are ways we can help improve it. Contact us for a free initial consultation.